Dec 27, 2009

Goals / Цели

Български по-долу

The goal of this blog is not to explain what is technical analysis, or some indicators. I assume that you already have had something to do with technical analysis. There is plenty of information and books, which you can find on Internet. It is no use to repeat everything here. I have written articles which I hope will help you using different indicators in the practice. They focus on applying the indicators for trading. Most of the books show you a chart with some indicator and say look great it works but they forget to explain when they not work:) when should you ignore a signal and when to follow it.
I will add a list with books, which I think are very import, and which you should read, if you want to use technical analysis.

I would define the goals of the blog this way:
1. Trading diary
2. Objectivity
3. Applying different technical analysis methods and indicators in the practice
4. Sharing ideas

1. Trading diary – having a trading diary could be very useful. This way a trader can go back and check the trades, he made. From the distance of the time, when we are not emotionally committed anymore, we can asses objectively why we took a position, why we close it, what happened after that, did we make a mistake, and so on. The idea is to learn from my mistakes.
The blog is very easy way, to do this. It does not cost much time to write several lines, and upload a chart.

2. Objectivity – I am sure every trader has gone through a fight with himself, with his emotions and fears. All this leads to stupid mistakes, caused by emotions. Presenting my ideas publicly, will make me stick to the facts (indicators, signals etc.), make me more objective, and bring emotions to the minimum. And that will lead to better results:)

3. Applying technical analysis in the practice – what that means? Why this name for the blog?
When I have started studying technical analysis, I have read many books. There is so many indicators, trading systems, methods – classical TA, Elliot waves, Chart patterns, Japanese candlesticks. I was more then confused:) Which indicators should I use? How can I use them? Which method should I use? Very often a signal leads no where. When should I ignore a signal, and when should I follow it?
These questions do not have definitive answer. Every trader must find his style. To different traders fit different system. I will not try to enforce the “right way of trading” because it is different for every trader.
With this blog I will try to answer the questions above, and to present my ideas - how I use the different methods and indicators in the practice. How to filter out signals. How to combine different methods, because they are not mutually exclusive, the opposite they complement one another beautifully. Of course I can not find a magic indicator, it does not exist, but I hope most of the time we will be on the right side of the trade.

4. Sharing ideas – I will relay on you. In “Applying for trading” I have represented my ideas. You can send me other indicators (I have written about these, which I use), you can correct me or add something. As an author of the blog, I will have the last word, if I should publish the information.
For the moment, I am trading index CFDs – DAX and DJIA, and I will publish trades about them. But if you find something interesting, which has potential for gains - currencies/commodities/stocks, you can send me your idea, and I will publish it.
I have some conditions:
a) Short comment, why you think so
b) Some chart which shows your idea
c) Move of a bigger degree not intraday. For example – trend change, deeper correction, buying opportunity at least on daily chart etc.
d) High probability – For example MACD is crossing the signal line, is not enough. I prefer a combination of signals – divergence and broken trend line, divergence and chart pattern etc. your fantasy:)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Този блог няма за цел да обяснява различни методи,индикатори или какво е технически анализ поради простата причина, че има достатъчно информация и книги, които можете да намерите в Интернет. Няма смисъл да я повтарям тук.
За любознателните по-късно ще добавя списък с книги които съм чел, и ги намирам за полезни.

Бих формулирал целите на блога така:
1. Дневник
2. Обективност
3. Прилагане на практика на различни методи за технически анализ и индикатори
4. Споделяне на идеи

1.Дневник - воденето на дневник е много полезно. По този начин един трейдър може да се върне назад и да прегледа сделките, които е изпълнил. От дистанцята на времето след като не сме вече емоционално обвързани можем да погледнем максимално обективно защо сме заели позиция, защо сме затворили позиция, как са се развили събитията след това, сгрешили ли сме и т.н. като целта е да се поучим от грешките си.
Воденето на дневник горещо се препоръчва от Dr. Alexander Elder.
Блогът е изключително удобен начин затова, като с минимум усилия могат да се напишат няколко реда и да се прикачи графика.

2.Обективност - представянето на идеите ми публично, ще ме накара да се придържам към фактите, и да съм максимално обективен. Като "млад" трейдър със само 2 години опит все още чувам онова вътрешно гласче, което ме кара понякога да правя глупости или да действам емоционално:). Сигурен съм, че всеки един трейдър е минал по този път, и знаете за какво говоря.
Водейки блог се надявам да сведа емоциите до минимум, и да съм максимално обективен.
Това ще доведе до подобряване на резултатите ми... надявам се:)

3.Прилагане технически анализ на практика - какво имам предвид и защо е кръстен така блогът?
Когато започнах да се занимавам с технически анализ прочетох един куп книги, бях заринат с индикатори и различни методи класически технически анализ,вълни на Елиът,графични фигури, свещички и т.н. Бях повече от объркан:) Кои индикатори да използвам? Кой метод да използвам? Как да ги приложа на практика? Много често сигналите описани в книгите се оказват фалшиви. Кога даден сигнал е наистина buy/sell сигнал и кога да го игнорираме?
Тези въпроси нямат еднозначен отговор. Всеки трейдър си има свой стил. На всеки трейдър му пасва различна система. Тук няма да се опитвам да налагам "правилния" начин на търговия, защото той е различен за всеки.
С този блог ще се опитам да отговоря на въпросите поставени по-горе, и да представя моите идеи как да използваме различните методи и индикатори на практика. Как да отсеем сигналите. Как да комбинираме отделните методи, защото те не са взаимноизключващи се напротив те се допълват един друг прекрасно.
Естествено няма да намерим магическия индикатор или комбинация от такива, поради простата причина, че тя несъществува.

4.Споделяне на идеи - тук ще разчитам на вас. В секцията "Прилагане на практика" съм изложил моите идеи. Можете да ми пратите допълнителни индикатори(аз съм се съсредоточил върху тези които аз използвам) да ме поправяте или допълвате. Естесвено като автор на блога ще трябва да преценя дали да ги включа.
Аз съм се концентрирал за момента върху CFD търговия с индексите DAX и DJIA, и публикациите съответно ще бъдат за тях. Но ако откриете нещо интересно, което има потенциал за печалба независимо currencies/commodities/stocks, можете да ми пратите идеите си, и аз ще ги публикувам.
Като имам някои условия:
а) кратък коментар защо
б) някаква графика, която да онагледи идеята ви
в) да става въпрос за движение от по-голям порядък а не intraday търговия, например
промяна на тренда, по-дълбока корекция, buying dip на дневна графика.
г) голяма вероятност това да се случи - например MACD пресича сигналната си линия не е достатъчно. Комбинация от сигнали е за предпочитане - пробита тренд линия с дивергенция или MACD пресича 0, фигура с дивергенция, тройно пресичане МА(moving averages)....

9 comments:

  1. I have just found your blog. A quick review of your goals and intentions of the blog as well as some of your TA , articles ,etc. leve me very intrigue and wanting to spend additional time here.

    Just wanted to send a note of appreciation for your efforts and sharing.

    Regards,

    jminvest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I put a lot of effort and it cost a lot of time...... most of the books do not really explain how to apply the indicators and I have tried to fill the gap. I hope, I have succeeded:)
      Several years later I have more experience and I should review the articles... but I do not have the time:)

      Delete
  2. Help! I have a bearish disposition like six000mileyear. How do Imchange? Really like what I have seen of your comments and this site. Do you have a section on cycles like you have on Elliott Wave, chart patterns, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Help! I have a bearish disposition like six000mileyear. How do Imchange? Really like what I have seen of your comments and this site. Do you have a section on cycles like you have on Elliott Wave, chart patterns, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Putting emotions and bias aside is a difficult and long process. It is a personal fight with yourself... there is no recipe. I have started a blog and studying the markets. It lasted a few years, but I am satisfied with the result.

      You have to decide - do you want to make money trading or not. If yes you should concentrate what the market is doing anything else is not important. Do not listen what economists talk, news is not important, forget CNBC/Bloomberg only a distraction, zerohedge even worse clickbait.
      Maybe you see around you a lot of problems and pain, it is difficult, it is not fair, I know I do not like bankers and politicians too, but this is not what moves markets.
      You have to ignore all this because all that matters is the price action. It shows what the guys with the money are doing and you should follow them to make money with trading.
      You have made the first step understanding that emotions and bias are not good for trading. I wish you that the second step does not take so much time - trading based only on price action.

      I think that studying the markets will help you. I do not have section cycles because I do not dive deep into the cycle theory I keep it simple.
      - Cycles - count 40 bars at the daily chart, two 40 day cycles make important 20 week cycle. There is long term cycles 4/8/16 years. The length vary for the different assets. For SP500 the cycles are shorter than the nominal models 30-40 days/12-16 weeks/3,5 years/7 years.
      If you want to learn more about cycles watch the David Hickson's webinars https://www.youtube.com/user/SentientTraderVideo/videos
      He is talking about such things like dominant cycles, M pattern... you will learn some tricks:)
      Or a good book about Hurst cycles is "Mastering Hurst cycle analysis by Christopher Grafton"

      Delete
  4. Hi, Just found your blog, it's very interesting the work you do, can you expend the analysis to additional things like oil, bonds, gold and the Dollar . I am sure it will be greatly appreciated by your readers. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but I do not have the time... At the moment I post such analysis every 6 months(end of June/early July and end of December/early January) which focus more on the intermediate to long term.
      You can see them in Archive and the last one is this http://practicaltechnicalanalysis.blogspot.co.at/2017/01/long-term-update.html

      Delete
  5. Thank You for sharing your work. Wow ! would be the appropriate word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is really interesting how it developed from amateur blog for TA to really powerful analysis including TA,EW,cycles and market breadth.

      Delete